Limited Wish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest for The Eye Of Nerull

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Quest for The Eye Of Nerull Empty Quest for The Eye Of Nerull

Post  Ooshnagam Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:09 pm

(Note: I am using the map of Faerun. If you don't have it, then get it from someone who does.)

Your journey starts in a coastal town called Refuge Bay. A man has requested that adventurers seeking to resurrect dead loved ones accompany him on a journey. A journey to find The Eye Of Nerull. An artifact that is rumored to have the power to raise almost anyone from the dead with no ill effects. It seems this man has found a map that leads to the fabled Eye. He will meet you at the Salty Sea Snake tavern that lies next to The Shining Sea. He will be wearing a mask representing Pelor. It's kinda hard to miss.

(Remember: lvl 5, 9000 gold, max hit die, anything goes. Also, same house rules as Steve. Send your character's to my e-mail rather than post them. That way I know if you're bluffing on adding up your roll and no one else gets to see your character.)

Last edited by Ooshnagam on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Cause I lost the game.)
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Quest for The Eye Of Nerull Empty Re: Quest for The Eye Of Nerull

Post  Ooshnagam Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:00 pm

You find yourself staring down the gate of Refuge Bay. A port town with ample supplies for those on the run. It is notorious for pirates, although there have been no arrests for decades. Life in the town is thriving, and very busy. If someone is loitering it's a sure sign of trouble in this bustling town.

Your destination is the Salty Sea Snake Tavern and Inn. It is the town's gathering spot. Located right on the water, it provides docks to anchor your ship and walk right in. No one dares steal from it, for it is said to be the gathering place for not only the common folk, but the local thieve's guild as well.

Once you step inside The Salty Sea Snake, you'll find it just as buzzing with activity as the town itself. You are looking for a man by the name of Gramorn Milner. He will be wearing the gaudy assortment of clothes known only to bards, and a mask of Pelor that is quite gaudy as well. He has asked for your help in recovering The Eye of Nerull. He will wait until he feels that he has enough people to make it through the Temple that contains The Eye.

Go forth and triumph!

(Okay, We are going by alphabetical order of Character names. Baker, Eckrail, Syzinaev, and then Threnody. You will post in that order or your post will be ignored. Sorry, but I'd like to have some semblance of order. Plus it makes it easier to know who needs to post next. When we get into battle, initiative will be rolled and then we will go in that order with me posting in between each until the end of the battle, when we will revert to this order. If Tori joins us later, we will put her last. (Sorry) Now, you can start anywhere with your role playing, but please end your post at the table with Gramorn Milner.)
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:49 am

It was peaceful, Baker decided, underneath the waves there was no sound, no people, no complications. Much better than the surface he thought, all the moving and talking and stupidity that he had to deal with. He briefly thought to stay underwater forever, just plod onward until there was nothing outside of him but the pressure and the black of the abyssal trenches.
"Hi there! are you from around here?"
Well there went that fantasy, as if the pointy eared breathers weren't bad enough already, they had to infest the sea as well.

Baker entered the tavern, he didn't understand why the squishies congregated in packs to poison themselves. He didn't much care. He shoved his way into the tavern, once people realized what he was, he didn't have to shove anymore.
"YOU ARE GRAMORN, CORRECT?" Baker asks without any inflection, his voice grating and artificial. "I HAVE COME, AS YOU REQUESTED."
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooshnagam Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 am

"Yes. Please sit down. We shall wait for our other guests to arrive before we begin." Taking another look at the man, you realize that there is a mysterious quality about him. Nothing obvious, but definitely something. This was no ordinary bard.

Last edited by Ooshnagam on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better wording)
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  Daimos Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:17 am

Nearly storming his way into the town, Eckrail was as happy as ever to be once again among the masses of a thriving city. "AAAAAAAH! Such it is another beautiful day..." He says aloud as he trots down the middle of the street. Moving naught for people and barely tilting to the side away from horses and carts he headed for the tavern that he'd been told there was someone who could help him revive his brother. Coming to the door after waving off a bunch of noisy, complaining pedestrians he looked up at the sign and heaved a small sigh. "Soon brother, soon. If this should prove to be what I've been told you'll be back in no time." Stepping into the room, ducking as he came through the door way, he immediately spotted the man he'd been told to meet and happily made his way over, not even stopping as he swiped a mug of beer from a server's tray and left them several (4) pieces of silver. Taking a seat and warmly offering his hand to the oddly dressed man. "Eckrail Mevanis, please to make your acquaintance good sir! His handshake would be quite powerful although nothing near threatening, simply over-friendly.
Daimos
Daimos

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooshnagam Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:53 am

Gramorn just nodded. He continued to stare at the man until he finally let his hand fall. "We shall wait for the others. There should be two more left. Just be patient. We shall get started soon enough."

(He's just going to keep on saying that. Or something like it until the last character shows up, so I'm just going to wait until Threnody posts to start the actual story.)
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:36 pm

[Herp a derp what is my name? lol]

Syzinaev entered town in her usual fashion: drawing attention. She had allowed her cerulean hair to flow freely and catch the light. The men stared, the women stared. "Such silly creatures." She continued into the bar and found a table with a few men. She flaunted her "stuff" and made a small request. "Might I have that? One of your intelligence surely doesn't need it." The humans looked rather put out so she retreated. "Eldrick would never have gotten so angry. What did I say that was offensive?" She took a quick scan and found her contact. She sat herself near the construct, a true marvel, and introduced herself.

Last edited by Xenophilia on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  DentedDementia Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:30 am

Argh, blue on blue action, it's blinding.

The figure one table over wearing a sea-blue cloak lowers her hood to reveal the fourth party member. Moving over to join the rest of the group, Threnody says, "No need to wait, go right ahead."
DentedDementia
DentedDementia
Admin

https://limitedwish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooshnagam Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:16 pm

"It appears that we are all here. Now, I will be saying a lot of information, so it would be pertinent to take notes if you need them."

Gramorn cleared his throat and paused for a second before continuing. "The Eye is in a dungeon rumored to be buried in the middle of the peninsula portion of The Wealdath. I know where the actual spot is. We have to take a ship out onto The Shining Sea, and make our way to Spider Swamp located south of the Forest of Mir."

He gestures to it on the map. "From there, we will journey just north of the Marching Mountains in this little alcove carved into the mountainside by the forest itself."

He again gestures to the map. He pulls out his dagger and continues, "The reason I cannot go alone is because the chamber that contains our bounty is blocked off my a magical spell cast by a powerful wizard by the name of Malkallam. The only way to get past the gate barring the entrance is to capture the five jewels that are also hidden in the temple, made even more valuable when you take into account the rumors of magical boons cast on these jewels."

He cleared his throat again. "We shall be meeting one of my associates on the way. She is carving her way through the forest as we speak in preparation for our party. Unfortunately we shall be traveling on foot. But fear not. I can store as many rations in my pack as need be. I don't think that the construct needs to eat, but I assume most of you do."

Gramorn chuckles a bit at his unfunny joke. "So, are there any questions? If you have no questions then you may leave and prepare. We leave on my ship at sundown."

(It's about noon. You have plenty of time to go get rations and things. Assume that the town has anything you need within reason.)
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  Daimos Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Shrugging a bit Eckrail simply stayed at the table. "I'm plenty prepared! A good Adventurer is never without what they need."

Reaching back he patted his backpack where he knew his rations were and grinned. Reaching down to his side to grab his waterskin he then lost a bit of color when he realized that it was gone. "What the...?"

He said somewhat confused. Grabbing the straps and noticing that they'd been cut he sighed and got to his feet.
"Apparently someone was too thirsty to ask nicely..."

He sighed and made his way out, hand on the hilt of his sword as he seemed to go from boastful and happy to a bit sullen and murderous. His race was one that took much pride in its things and absolutely despised thievish behavior unless one desperately required it, and even then it was barely tolerated. Making his way to the first general store he came across he purchases two waterskins and stuffs one into his pack while filling the other and securing it on his side.
Daimos
Daimos

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 am

Unit 13, Called Baker 12 by his creator, watched as the (man? elf? dwarf?) squishy stormed out of the drinking establishment, he had no concept of possession, and briefly wondered why short straps would anger him so. Returning to the present, Baker approximated a nod to the masked man, again seeming to speak through the teeth of his metal face, " YOU ARE CORRECT. I REQUIRE NEITHER FOOD NOR DRINK." He felt something was missing, what was it that people normally did when the met new people? Introductions, of course!
"I AM UNIT NUMBER THIRTEEN, CALLED BAKER 12 BY MY CREATOR, MAY I ASK WHO YOU ARE? I ALREADY KNOW GRAMON, BUT I HAVE NOT MET ANY OF YOU BEFORE."
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 am

[Blah...can't remember my name lol]

Syzinaev was paying little attention to the construct. She was ogling Threnody in what humans would assume to be a rude way. "I have no met another myrsele so far from home. Who may I ask are you?"
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  DentedDementia Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:04 pm

"Hmm?" Threnody asked idly. "Oh, you know, treasure calls to those strong enough to claim it. Plus it would practically be a sin to hide me from the world," she said with a grin. "My name's Threnody."
DentedDementia
DentedDementia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:48 pm

"Indeed it does. And it would be such a crime to hide our beauty." (LOL Anime chick) She stood. "I have all my supplies. I shall meet you all at our destination at the appointed time." She looked at the construct. "A true marvel you are but I do hope your maker put some form of intelligence into you. When all else fails just follow Threnody." She took her leave and went to waste some time around town until the time that she was needed at the boat.
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Daimos Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Making his way back towards the tavern he passed the female from before and gave a slight whistle and a nod, coping a grin as he passed her. Stopping almost directly in front of the door way and turning towards her, seriously impacting traffic in and out of the establishment, he spoke as though nothing were wrong. "And where might you be going ma'am?"

He spoke with a voice that was filled with pride and confidence, yet surprisingly not a bit of unwarranted arrogance. Strolling past and allowing the quickly accumulated crowd of people make their way he caught up to her and decided to give himself a proper introduction. Stepping before her he gave a polite bow, eyes never leaving her own as he first arced to eye level with her and then stood back up to his full height which was quite considerable, his broad frame casting a great shadow over her. "Eckrail Mevanis at your service... Although you may call me Rail for short."

He took another moment to admire the bit of otherworldly beauty she seemed to have but quickly moved past that. Sure his kind could appreciate and admire beautiful things, but until he saw her capability in battle he kept things mostly professional. "Would you like some company on your stroll?" Was all he offered to her.
Daimos
Daimos

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Syzinaev giggled. (I must resist the urge to gag) "Syzinaev Orchiddreamer. And your company is most appreciated." He was good enough looking that she could appreciate him, but unfortunately he was no Eldrick. She took his arm and allowed herself to be guided away.
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Daimos Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Grinning his usual broad grin he glanced at her dainty (in comparison to him) hands and took note not to walk too fast. The two were drawing eyes everywhere and he knew it, his grin stretching from nearly ear to ear as they explored the marina and all of it's bizarre wonders. Slowing a bit he waved ahead of them both as if offering something. What he was about to do went way against his normal instincts but this woman was quite nice and for once he figured he could follow. "Anywhere in particular you'd care to go?" He asked her, giving her the go ahead to lead them on their little town excursion.
Daimos
Daimos

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

"No not really." She smiled her best and looked at him. "Why did you get so upset in the tavern? Was something stolen from you?"
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Daimos Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Huffing a bit Eckrail seemed a bit off put, not from her statement but that someone had stolen from him in the first place. "Yes, as a matter of fact, something was."

Fuming a bit he thinks back remembering just how he'd won said waterskin in a fight with an old rival of his. "Everything I own I've either won or earned, never stolen. It's a thing of PRIDE that most cannot understand..."

It wasn't as though he was angry, just passionate about his possessions and his beliefs. "And let me tell you if I find the little bastard what stole my waterskin I swear I'm going to gut him alive and take back what is mine!"

Breathing a bit heavily now he runs a hand back through his hair and makes it neat again, regaining his composure and taking the lead in walking them around town once more.
Daimos
Daimos

Back to top Go down

Post  DentedDementia Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:07 am

Threnody relaxed in her chair. Idly inspecting her fingernails, she says, "I'm good. Whenever you're ready to go, let's go."
DentedDementia
DentedDementia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:19 am

"IT SEEMS THAT THE OTHERS HAVE NOT YET RETURNED, ARE THEY NECESSARY? IF SO, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO FETCH THEM GRAMON?"
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooshnagam Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 pm

"That is an excelent idea Baker. Go and fetch them and tell them that we are ready to go as soon as they get here."
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Many hours later Syzinaev suddenly realized that they were on the verge of being late. "Eckrail, we really should get to the dock. It is nearly midnight."
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooshnagam Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:06 pm

(Too bad. For plot reasons I have moved you forward to the departure. Sorry for any inconvenience.)

Seeing that everything was in order, Gramorn said to the group, "It's time for us to depart. Please step out to the docks with me." He walked at a brisk pace to the door at the back of the tavern. As you walk though it you notice that you are right on the boardwalk. Ships of all shapes and sizes are moored at the docks. If you happen to look around, you see that you are headed to a dock containing an assortment of higher end ships. Even to the untrained eye it looks as though there are ships ranging from 1000 to 1,000,000 gold moored to this particular dock. He seems to be headed to the last boat on the dock. As you arrive there he say plainly, "Here she is, Windcutter. It's my pride and joy. Nothing can sink this baby. This is the boat that we will be taking to the swamp. Climb aboard and once you all get settled, we can shove off. Baker if you'll man the crow's nest for our journey, I'd appreciate it greatly."

(I'm allowing a few posts to determine sleeping arrangements. There are three rooms, and a crow's nest for Baker. Of the three one is Gramorn's. the other two have arrangements for each of you. I'm sorry for not pointing out the room layout myself, but I'm a little busy, and this was written in haste. Please resume our order that we started with.)
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Baker looked up the towering mast, that far up he might not even hear the commotion on deck, it would be peaceful. "I WILL DO AS YOU REQUEST, AS I DO NOT REQUIRE REST, I WILL REMAIN UP THERE FOR THE DURATION OF THE JOURNEY."
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next