Limited Wish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaign: A Steamed Mushroom

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Campaign: A Steamed Mushroom Empty Campaign: A Steamed Mushroom

Post  Kuma Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:59 pm

This is going to be, for lack of a better term, the OOC thread for the campaign I'm planning.

Basic Information:

Setting: A dystopian Mushroom Kingdom

Races:
Human- As PHB
Hylian Pureblood: Elf (either Iosan (Phb or Nyss +2dex -2wis)
Hylian Halfblood: Half Elf
Kokiri: Halflings
Gerudo Mongrel: Half Orc
Toad: as Strong heart Halfling from MMI or Forgotten realms.

Goron:
• +4 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int:
• goron base land speed is 30 feet.
• Medium Size:
• Monstrous Humanoid: As monstrous humanoids, Goron’s are proficient with all simple weapons, but they have no proficiency with any armor or shield. They also have 8-sided Hit Dice, a base attack bonus equal to their total Hit Dice (like a fighter), good Reflex & Will saves, & skill points equal to (2 + their Intelligence modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.
• Powerful Build: The physical stature of A Goron lets him function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever an oaf is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, & trip attempts), the goron is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A Goron is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A Goron can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space & reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, & spells that change the subject’s size category.
• Illiteracy: Gorons do not normally learn to read. Their culture deemphasizes education, & they have strictly oral histories & storytelling traditions. Therefore, Goron characters are by default illiterate. They must spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read & write any language that they are able to speak.
• Stonecunning: As Dwarves

+2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or
metal items: Dwarves are familiar with valuable items of all kinds,
especially those made of stone or metal.
 +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal:
• -2 to Hide & Move Silently checks: Gorons are naturally clumsy, & are quite inept at being stealthy.
• +2 to resist poison & disease: Gorons are naturally tough, & have become accustomed to squalid conditions, giving them a natural resistance to infection.
• +2 to thrown weapons: Gorons have become quite adept at throwing objects, & can use them to attack with surprising accuracy.
• Automatic Language: Goron
• Bonus Languages: Common, Giant, Dwarven, Troll
• Favored Class: Barbarian
• Level Adjustment: +2

— +2 Dexterity, –2 Intelligence.
—A zora has the aquatic subtype.
—A Zora has a swim speed of 40 feet.
-- Amphibious: Survive on land and water
-- Slam attacks: 1d4+str damage
-- Electricity: as shocking grasp by 2nd level caster once per day (2d6 electricity touch attack 2/day)
—Superior Low-Light Vision: Zora can see four times
as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar
conditions of low illumination. This trait replaces the high elf ’s
low-light vision.
—Favored Class: Fighter.
LA +1 (?) not good with balance exactly. assistance???

Favored classes for All races will be any, I will also not bother with the Multi-class rules (XP penalty) honestly, does anyone even use them?

Will be using weapons from Priviateer Presses Iron Kingdoms, if you do not have the books I will find links or lend the IK hardcopy to you.

Last edited by Kuma on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Campaign: A Steamed Mushroom Empty Re: Campaign: A Steamed Mushroom

Post  Xenophilia Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Ummm...wasn't the mushroom kingdom Mario?
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooshnagam Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:22 am

I know right.
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Mushroom Kingdom Aquired Hyrule through Stock manipulation, buying up thier economy until the country was in so much debt that Toadstool III bought them out.
*do you think i hate you guys so much that i would give you a choice between Human and Toad races and nothing else?

Speaking of which *edits above
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooshnagam Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 pm

What nothing regarding Zora?
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  DentedDementia Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Kuma wrote:
• Powerful Build: The physical stature of an oaf lets him function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever an oaf is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, & trip attempts), the oaf is treat as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. An oaf is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. An oaf can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space & reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, & spells that change the subject’s size category.
You weren't very thorough with this, were you? Very Happy
DentedDementia
DentedDementia
Admin

https://limitedwish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:24 pm

[What nothing about Zora?
getting to it

Dented Dementia

HEY LOOK! IS THAT BATMAN/JESUS/SEPHIROTH?
Changes mistakes
I dont see any antithouroughness here good sir.

Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:59 pm

SEPHIROTH WHERE?!
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooshnagam Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Jesus? I thought I got rid of that poser...
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  DentedDementia Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Ya know, I feel dumb. I was wondering why this thread was here, before just today noticing I had an event invite on facebook.

As for my availability, I have classes til 3 on Monday through Thursday, and one class really early on Friday. Besides that, my schedule is "whatever".

Also, I am disappoint. I see no proper Gerudo. I want to be a Gerudo necromancer.
DentedDementia
DentedDementia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:10 pm

I want to be a Gerudo Dervish

Or is this redundant?
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:58 pm

The thing with gerudo, The pureblood race is unplayable. because of extensive interbreeding with everyone, the pure gerudo are almost non existant. there will be one or two NPC's, but on the whole the true Gerudo is extinct.
the Mongrel Gerudo are offspring that show extensive gerudo traits, rounded ears, heavily tan skin, a sharply pointed nose, flame red hair, pick one or two of these. most often a Mongrel can pass as a human. they can be male or female, but thier cursed blood rises against them, especially around others, making them insular by nature.
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:39 pm

A Brief (Hopefully) History of The Mushroom Kingdom
Penned by: Toadsworth

The mushroom Kingdom was founded by Toadstool I. Peace reigned under his benevolent rule untill the day his daughter Peach was Kidnapped by Koopa, a fierce dragon versed in powerful black magic.

A Hero, Clad in Red Saved the Princess after following Koopa through the world and presumably slaying him. Peach and the Hero were wed, and her carried on the task of ruling the kindom as Toadstool II.Toadstool II was a great supporter of adventurers, and through exploration expanded the kingdom's boundaries untill he encountered another kingdom far in the east, past the great, dry-dry desert.

Hyrule was a barbarous place were violence was a daily occurrence. Toadstool II seeing this, invested much effort in bringing the kingdom under his benevolent rule. He invested in building sewers and water ways, spending thousands of coins to assist the throne of Hyrule. the throne of Hyrule, grateful of such high treatment, became a vassal of the Mushroom Kingdom, eventually becoming a part of the Glorious Mushroom Empire.Toadstool II, now the father of Apricot, passed the kingdom down to her husband Toadstool III.

During the Reign of Toadstool III, a traitorous group of Hylians organised an organized crime syndacate, ruiling "Old Town" the former Hyrule, with an iron fist. III became known as a fool, indeed allowing a second organization to crop up, headed by the aincient Koopa returned from the dead.

The defining moment of III's rule was actually none of his doing. In the west of Mushroom lay another civilized land, Sarasa. This land was terrorized by the mad wizard Agahnim. (It must be noted here that Agahnim was Hylian, showing a disturbing trend in the population.)

Agahnim opened a portal to Dream, letting loose three entities. The Cannibal, the Meta-Knight, and DeDeDe. The cannibal ravaged Sarasaland, even as meta knight and Dedede tried to kill him. in the end Toadstool II and someone, apparently his twin, defeated the cannibal, bringing him back in chains. however, this day was mired in tragedy, as Toadstool II and the ruler of Sarasaland, Daisy, were killed before the cannibal could be brought to justice.

Meta-Knight joined the mushroom police corps with the sole intention of guarding the Cannibal. Dedede, less noble, became the head of the Orginastrava, organizing the brothels and redlight districts under his rule.

Itis now the rule of III's Daughter, Peach. the Kingdom is still recovering from the cannibal, and people no longer look to the throne for guidance, instead they look to the syndacates, and tose that rule them, for protection. "King" Bowser Koopa, the egnimatic "Shadowdon" of old town, or Dedede. these ore the true rulers of the kingodm in this day and age, though the police control where they stand, everywhere else is under the thumb of the three Tyrants.
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  DentedDementia Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:42 pm

~WARNING: A RATHER LARGE, WALL-SHAPED BLOCK OF TEXT INBOUND~

I'm sorry, did you come up with this plot or did someone else? Either way, a number of things are making me seriously nerdrage.
Kuma wrote:The mushroom Kingdom was founded by Toadstool I. Peace reigned under his benevolent rule untill the day his daughter Peach was Kidnapped by Koopa, a fierce dragon versed in powerful black magic.
I don't think Bowser has really ever shown any capability in magic. Also, turtles from hell, maybe, dragon, not so much.
Kuma wrote:A Hero, Clad in Red
Lol, cute.
Kuma wrote:Saved the Princess after following Koopa through the world and presumably slaying him. Peach and the Hero were wed, and he carried on the task of ruling the kindom as Toadstool II.

K, to avoid any confusion, Mario is now King Toadstool II. Weird, but I'll go with it.
Kuma wrote: Toadstool II was a great supporter of adventurers, and through exploration expanded the kingdom's boundaries untill he encountered another kingdom far in the east, past the great, dry-dry desert.

Hyrule was a barbarous place were violence was a daily occurrence.
What? Hyrule "barbarous" or particularly violent?
Kuma wrote: Toadstool II seeing this, invested much effort in bringing the kingdom under his benevolent rule. He invested in building sewers and water ways, spending thousands of coins to assist the throne of Hyrule. The throne of Hyrule, grateful of such high treatment, became a vassal of the Mushroom Kingdom, eventually becoming a part of the Glorious Mushroom Empire. Toadstool II, now the father of Apricot, passed the kingdom down to her husband Toadstool III.
I'm guessing you made up Apricot, cause otherwise I have no idea who she is.
Kuma wrote:During the Reign of Toadstool III, a traitorous group of Hylians organised an organized crime syndacate, ruiling "Old Town" the former Hyrule, with an iron fist. III became known as a fool, indeed allowing a second organization to crop up, headed by the ancient Koopa returned from the dead.
...Wat?
Kuma wrote:The defining moment of III's rule was actually none of his doing. In the west of Mushroom lay another civilized land, Sarasa.
I'm either missing an obscure reference or you're making stuff up again.
Kuma wrote:This land was terrorized by the mad wizard Agahnim. (It must be noted here that Agahnim was Hylian, showing a disturbing trend in the population.)
Villain from A Link to the Past, got that. Though it's believed he was actually just Ganon in disguise.
Kuma wrote:Agahnim opened a portal to Dream, letting loose three entities. The Cannibal, the Meta-Knight, and DeDeDe. The cannibal ravaged Sarasaland, even as meta knight and Dedede tried to kill him.
Wuh... why would Kirby just up and start attacking random people? Maybe Dedede, not so much Kirby.
Kuma wrote: In the end Toadstool II and someone, apparently his twin, defeated the cannibal, bringing him back in chains. however, this day was mired in tragedy, as Toadstool II and the ruler of Sarasaland, Daisy, were killed before the cannibal could be brought to justice.
Oh, Sarasa being Sarasaland, that place that's wherever Daisy is from.
Kuma wrote:Meta-Knight joined the mushroom police corps with the sole intention of guarding the Cannibal. Dedede, less noble, became the head of the Orginastrava, organizing the brothels and redlight districts under his rule.
*facepalm*
Kuma wrote:It is now the rule of III's Daughter, Peach. The Kingdom is still recovering from the cannibal, and people no longer look to the throne for guidance, instead they look to the syndacates, and tose that rule them, for protection. "King" Bowser Koopa, the egnimatic "Shadowdon" of old town,
...?
Kuma wrote:or Dedede. These are the true rulers of the kingodm in this day and age, though the police control where they stand, everywhere else is under the thumb of the three Tyrants.
That is one ludicrous plot. A lot of it just seems completely unreasonable and out of character, like Mario taking over another nation, or Kirby killing everyone.
Kuma wrote:Penned by: Toadsworth
This explains some of it.

Also, as for the Gerudo, they had a single male Gerudo every 100 hundred years, and besides that they were all female. Of course they're going to intermingle, they've been stealing men from other races for forever. And yet, they still look like Gerudos. So why would they suddenly stop looking like Gerudos for doing exactly what they've been doing for generations?

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, I'm just good at it.
DentedDementia
DentedDementia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:56 pm

DentedDementia wrote:
I'm sorry, did you come up with this plot or did someone else? Either way, a number of things are making me seriously nerdrage.
don't think Bowser has really ever shown any capability in magic. Also, turtles from hell, maybe, dragon, not so much.
First game, bowser used magic to turn most of the population into inanimate objects, allowing the koopa troop to take over. also, he breathes fire and has scales, which is honestly more draconic than most of WoTC's Dragons. (excepting of course the chromatic/metallic ones).

What? Hyrule "barbarous" or particularly violent?
Propaganda.
D wrote:I'm guessing you made up Apricot, cause otherwise I have no idea who she is.
yes is Random child to get to next gen.
Wat?
Koopa was grieveously wounded, not dead, came back smarter after Mario went to Sarasaland. Hylians are headed by Ganondorf, Who they believe will lead them to preminence again. most Hylian lore has been lost, so they follow the charismatic guy who spouts good rhetoric.
Villain from A Link to the Past, got that. Though it's believed he was actually just Ganon in disguise.
depends on who you ask and when, I'm using him as a possible third alter ego of gannon, or a man corrupted by gannon.

Wuh... why would Kirby just up and start attacking random people? Maybe Dedede, not so much Kirby
Kirby went through several worlds in dream land, eating random populous, to get back a dream rod which was broken to defend dreamland from the Nightmare. (using GBA nightmare in dreamland storyline) Dedede just kind of sat there untill he got Pwnd by kirby. In the end though, It's mostly just because Kirby is a creature from somebody's dream, and cannot comprehend life outside of " stages of enemies, find bosses, kill bosses, find Dedede, Kill dedede"
Kuma wrote:Penned by: Toadsworth
[quote]This explains some of it.[/quote]
It Explains most of It
Also, as for the Gerudo, they had a single male Gerudo every 100 hundred years, and besides that they were all female. Of course they're going to intermingle, they've been stealing men from other races for forever. And yet, they still look like Gerudos. So why would they suddenly stop looking like Gerudos for doing exactly what they've been doing for generations?

Mostly DM Fiat and the fact that i dont feel like writing up a thing for pureblood gerudo's. I use human for the purebloods +2 Str or Dex depending on male or female respectively. as to why I didn't say this up there for purebloods, It's because I'm using Twinrova and gannondorf for enemies, and want the fact of them being Pure to mean they are either really Oldschool (Koume and Kotake) or Obviously Ganon.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, I'm just good at

No prob, I was writing this as the characters would hear it. the society and tech-level is fairly advanced for D&D (I'm using Iron Kingdom's Guns (pepperbox and breechloaders) and such) I figure most characters would go through a schooling full of indoctrination, realize thier becoming mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed on bullshit) and depending on how they live, end up in one of four powergroups, the police, Gannondorf, Koopa, or Dedede.

Last edited by Kuma on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Goddamn BBC)
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Race Relations:

Humans: are humans, no stereotype fits more than a handfull at a time.

Mushroomfolk (Toads): Mushroomfolk try to get along as best they can with others. they are slightly disdainful of hylians and gerudo's, but this doesn't translate into public relations, after all when someone twice your size walks up to you, you treat him respectfully.

Gorons: one of the few non-materialistic races, Gorons often work hard for next to nothing. Despite thier somewhat monstrous appearence, the industrious and trustworthy gorons are well integrated into society.

Hylians: Hylians are a proud people, thus, finding themselves on the bottom rung of the societial ladder makes them rather... upset. fights are common when a bigot makes a remark about thier race. common slurs are "Fairy," "Pixie," but anything slightly inflammatorywill work splendedly to set an average hylian off.

Gerudo Mongrels: the heritors of the gerudo legacy are virtually undistinguishable from humans, so are treated as such.

Zora: Zora are, to say the least, unapproving of the mechanization of the world. as sludge pollutes the waterways and lakes, Zora are pushed away, they tend to treat outsiders (read: non-Zora) coldly, and are treated much the same in urban settlements.

Kokiri: the Kokiri have adapted to city life, the urban forest suiting them just as well as the actual forest. these semi-immortal children sometimes unnerve humans, but other race generally find them pleasent.
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:39 pm

NEW GERUDO RACE for PC's

*+2 STR +2DEX -2 WIS -2 CHA : Gerudo are stronger and have better reaction times than humans, but are prone to rash decisions and are silgtly withdrawn
*Only female- Gerudo are automatically female, unless they are gannondorf.
* Heat resistance: as feat in Sandstorm: Gerudo can exist comfortably in extreme heat conditions due to thier desert bloodline
*four extra skill points at first level, one extra skill point per level: as humans, gerudo are extremely versitile
Favored Class: any

these are the tanned gerudo the more greenish Gannondorf, Koume, and kotake use a different race set up (Muwahahaha)
Anything else i should put in here?

Last edited by Kuma on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:00 pm

F*** YEAH BABY!!!!!!!
GO GERUDOS
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  DentedDementia Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Kuma wrote:*Only female- Gerudo are automatically female, unless they are ganondorf.
Something about that just makes me crack up.
DentedDementia
DentedDementia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooshnagam Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:00 am

What languages do the zora get?
Ooshnagam
Ooshnagam

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Zora and common (obviously, everyone gets common) bonus languages could include Old Hylian, Hylian, Low Mushroom,

I should probably make the languages here, actually

Common(Mushroom) - duh
Deku- Used by the scrubs, a combination of high pitched squeeking and whines
Gerudo- a slightly altered form of hylian, the differences are few enough so that speakers of both languages can communicate on a limited level.
Goron- a simple, terse, but effective language made up of many hard consonant sounds
Hylian- the most recent (that is to say Pre-Mushroom) language of Hyrule
Old Hylian- a dead language said to be used by certain spirits in Hyrule, prominent uses of it are displayed in the secret temples of hyrule
Low 'Shroom - a pidgin mashup of gerudo, hylian and common. used by criminals.
Zora- spoken by the eponymous people, it relies on both speech and body gestures, it can be spoken underwater.
there may be more.
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Ruleset:D20
Classes: Any except aisa themed and monk*
Stats: Rolled
Startlevel: 3
Homebrew allowed: Ask me first, but pretty leniant.
Pre-approved Homebrew Classes:
Thaumaturge: Wisdom based arcane casting with eventual ability to cast all spells.
Brawler: Unarmed fighter
Engineer: Mechanical genius**
Harrowed: Demon within granted powers, like a warlock.
Xenotherugy: Far realms Magic: Complicated Insanity causing magic, Lovecraft-esque
Lexeme and Truenamer: Truenaming that doesn't make me want to cry.
Cultist, Hollow, Eventide Magus, Ephemeral Watcher, and Midnight Seer: Shadow Magic
Handy books to have:
Iron Kingdoms Character Guide- I have this as both Hardcover and PDF, this details rules for the guns and three new classes (two of which are useful) the arcane mechanik is a wizard-tech, and since i'm not using the Mechanika rules, it doesn't exist.

House Rules:
Detect Alignment spells do not work.
Each character will have an allegiance to one of four factions: Police, Koopa, Hyrule Freedom Front, or Dedede's Orginastrava
Alignment shall not be written on your character sheet, neither shall allegiance

*I don't hate the monk, but it doesn't work in context. and it kinda sucks. see the brawler class for a barehanded fighter varaint
** has several related prestige classes, no URL for now... but Machinist, Recondite, and Archiater are a couple
Cleaned up by DentedDementia, sorry if I changed anything you wanted to keep, it was a mess.

Last edited by Kuma on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : House Rules UP!)
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenophilia Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 pm

well dude i almost couldn't see that fine print Razz
Xenophilia
Xenophilia

Back to top Go down

Post  DentedDementia Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:31 pm

That's why it's the fine print, lol. Just so Kuma would know what's going on when half his post has been reordered and editted.
DentedDementia
DentedDementia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuma Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:30 pm

I found something interesting:Save the Princess, A Mario/Luigi based Tome Of Weaboo Fight'n Magic Battle Discipline
Kuma
Kuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next